Monday, December 12, 2011

Eva's Christmas Clock

   Hanging in the open door frame is the clock finished with all but the face.  It does work although there is fine tuning and final gluing and balancing to do yet. It  runs for an hour or two before something binds and it stops. I have a pretty good idea what is causing the trouble, ( my fault, not the plan's fault).  And as this is being typed, glue is setting and being left to harden for 24 hours in the hopes that it will solve the trouble. 
   I you wanted to make a clock like this you do not need a work shop if you buy the complete kit.  Everything but the glue, clamps and sand paper comes with the kit.  ( you could probably use clothes pegs and rubber bands for the clamping tasks)


   This was a very tough project for me.  I am not inclined to detail or very fine work at all, and so this project was a very good learning experience for me.
   If you want to see it running I have it loaded on 
blogthetoolstore.blogspot.com.  .  I am not going to load the movie here too, it takes tooooooooo long to load a movie on the net book.  My net book is a great little back up tool, but I will be glad to get my lap top back in running order.


  wooden-gear-clocks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment