Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Season Comment and Wrap Up.

   Traditionally one waits for the the New Year to do a wrap up and retrospective of their year.  Lets face it next week is a holiday week filled with friends and family so the real work of the year is done.
   I sat down and made a casual list of the past year's projects in my wood shop.


-two book cases for the kids house in Toronto.  A very good learning experience,
-a flat bed trailer to go with Kieran's wooden trucks.  Toys for kids are a way to become a hero.
-wooden building blocks too.
-cutting boards, many many cutting boards.  They are getting more interesting and I am using more interesting woods, I still like the roasted maple.
-several sets of wheels for shop tools.  Everything is the shop is on wheels.
-box joint jig.  That was a cool little project that gets dragged out now and then to make a sturdy little box.
-Eva's wooden gear clock.  I know it was a kit but...it was still a work shop project and very educational
-many pate knives, and I expect to make many more in the coming year.
-several scroll saw dino puzzles.
-an assortment of boxes, large and small.
-various gates to make stair cases safe for little people.
-a number of pieces of wooden jewellery
-finished the basement, made and installed the trim
-band saw boxes.
-raised panel doors, as I write this the paint in drying on doors for our basement sink's cabinet.


And various and many repairs as well as shelves and storage in the basement and the shop.  All together a very good year.


I hope and trust that your year was as good and that like mine your next year will be better.


 Thank you to my wonderful wife for her patience, ideas and  encouragement.  
 Thank you to my friends and family for their cheerful acceptance of prototypes and first tries. 


 Merry Christmas to One and All.

No comments:

Post a Comment