Friday, November 4, 2011

End of The Season

The world can often be divided into two groups, one of the classic divisions is those who like Brussel sprouts and those who don't. 


  The year, though divided technically into four seasons; is in reality only divided into two season for most Canadians.  One season being winter and the other season being road construction.  I divide the year into two seasons as well, winter and motorcycle season.
   As is shown clearly it is now winter.  I went out to the garage in the hopes of a quick ride in the wonderful afternoon sun and found the battery dead.  I could have put the battery on the trickle charger and hoped for a nice day in a couple of days but  the cycle of charge and discharge is not good for a battery, especially a older battery.  My Silverwing is due for a new battery next season, I want to be able to get the bike going in the spring and so don't want to have beaten this battery to death just for a couple of short trips in November.


  It was  funny year, this season I rode the scooter half as much as last year.  Not for lack of interest and be because of rising fuel costs.  Just because there were other things to do and places to be.


   Now the winter hobby of planning next season's trips can be fully indulged.  I use google maps and street view and all sorts of tools to check out the places I want to go.  Maybe this coming season will be a big riding season, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment