Friday, July 22, 2011

Shop tip

Honey Bottle filled with Hemp Oil
  Sometimes the obvious is not so.  For years I have been buying glue in gallons and decanting it into some smaller bottle.  But just yesterday I got this brain wave.  I have been using hemp oil to finish cutting boards and to create a semi-gloss finish on milk paint.
   Typically the hemp oil comes in a tin, like Minwax Wipe On Ploy, Watco Danish oil etc. all finishes that I use regularly.  Dispensing those finishes is often a mess and guessing what is left in to bottom of the tin is always a challenge too.  But, since the tins are fairly small I had never really bothered with transferring them into another container.  Duh, from now on that sort of stuff goes into a bottle like the hemp oil.  I can pour out a very controlled amount and I know exactly what I have left.
   Good ideas can sometimes be so simple and so obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment