Thursday, July 7, 2011

Basement Family Room

   If you have followed this blog at all lately you know that I have not been very active.  I do have an excuse.  We have been working on our basement.  That is the one wall.  Eva and I put up the wall paper.
    She put in all the extra time to get it nice.  The mural did not come pre-pasted as expected.  The sales person was mistaken and instead of long narrow panels it was 8 square panels.  Now there is a seam in the middle but with careful work by Eva is looks darn good.


The other wall is panelling and wood trim, I made the and installed the trim. All that remains is for the bookcases to be refilled and the wall paper to be put in the stairwell.  At this point at least the chesterfield is out of the work shop and I can get back to cutting boards and boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how nice, i like that birch wood scenery.
    From the looks of it all turned out nicely.
    Congratulations. :)
    I'm thinking about putting maple boards on the ceiling in our basement.
    I doubt i could make it very pretty,
    but it sure would beat the highly dangerous,
    and ugly looking Styrofoam ceiling we have now,
    but i first want a router table before i do that. xD

    ReplyDelete