Tuesday, December 8, 2009

OK, the internet has some uses!!!

Years ago friends gave me a wooden hand plane they had purchased at a junk shop. The plane was to be a desk ornament since I did not do wood work at that time but they thought it looked nice none the less.

As an example of how long I hang onto stuff with limited use, last night I sharpened the blade on that plane and it works fine. In the last 30 years I have learned how to sharpen blades, (thank you Work Sharp) and on the week end I learned how to set the plane blade for use.

Setting the plane blade was learned from the World Wide Web. Someone on Facebook thought it was worth 1 minuted of their time to show the very basic tricks involved in setting a plane blade with a hammer.

Thank you Facebook, world wide web and the fellow in the mini movie showing me how.

No comments:

Post a Comment