Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wood Working for Mere Mortals "bookends that actually hold books."

Book Ends at actually work

A couple of weeks ago Steve made some book ends, and another of his weekly videos.  Yesterday I decided I give the project a try, like his door mat, I viewed the code as more a set of guide lines, not hard and fast rules.

 Purple and yellow, the plan is for them to hold grand kid books.  I made the runners fit tightly enough that they do not need to be glued or screwed together.  It means that this book rack is 100% portable and part able. I can see using it as a display item that then gets taken apart and stored until needed later.
   Good design Steve, thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Very handy, and they look good, too. Our friends and relatives were cursing us on moving day for the number of boxes of books we had to move.

    ReplyDelete