Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shop Safety

For the last week I have been feeling sort of down in the dumps. My nose is plugged and my eyes are watering and sneezes sneak up on me without warning.

So, to fight back I have been taking sinus pills and cough syrup.

A season or two ago I resolved when the sinus pills came out the shop shut down. In the interests of leaving this life with all my fingers (attached) I do not operate machines, including my motorcycle after having taken pills or had a drink of booze of any sort.

There are folks out there that claim their judgement and skills are not effected by one beer. They are better men than I, or.....they haven't really thought about it much. Having twice had incidents with the table saw and come away scared, and scarred I am really trying to avoid a third experience.

I suspect that there will be a Saw Stop in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment